The BEST Vegan Burger Recipe
If you walk into any grocery store or health store you will see items that say Vegan in the title or say that it includes vegan ingredients, what is vegan? Veganism is a type of vegetarian diet that excludes meat, eggs, dairy products and all other animal-derived ingredients. Many vegans also do not eat foods that are processed using animal products, such as refined white sugar and some wines. Being vegan has some great health benefits because most of what you eat is all natural and mainly fruits and vegetables.
Leanne Chan one of our Kudo masters found that many of the foods that our found in a vegan diet also contain a lot of fiber, and due to her husband’s cancer he found it very hard to digest fiber, so she came up with an alternative to one of her husband’s favorites the hamburger but instead loaded it with vegetables that are known to have large amounts of fiber in them, and in this she created The Best Vegan Burger.
Leanne added ingredients such as sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, and quinoa all these ingredients contain many essential nutrients that will help make the body energized, healthy, and strong. Sweet potatoes are at the top of nearly everyone’s healthiest foods list. One baked, medium-sized sweet potato contains 438% of your daily value of vitamin A. a single white potato contains 1%. Sweet potatoes are high in fiber one cup of cooked sweet potato contains approximately 5.94 grams of fiber.
Another essential vegetable added in this yummy recipe is spinach, spinach is especially high in folate, vitamins C and K, magnesium, potassium and potent antioxidant compounds such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. Although raw spinach doesn’t qualify as a high-fiber food, cooked spinach can be an excellent source of fiber.
Quinoa is another main ingredient in this recipe with so many health benefits the quinoa in this recipe is like the glue that keeps this burger together. An important benefit of quinoa is that it is high in fiber. There are numerous studies showing that soluble fiber can help reduce blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, increase fullness and help with weight loss.
With so many great health benefits give this yummy burger a try once you’ve had this vegan burger you’ll never go back!
The Best Vegan Burger by Kudo Master Leanne Chan
- 2 large sweet potatoes (diced and steamed until tender)
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 1 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2/3-cup gluten-free flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut amino (similar to soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp fresh Ground Pepper
- 3 gloves of Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Garnish options you can choose to top you burger with any of the following: avocado and tomato slices, hamburger buns, cashew sour cream, and condiments of mustard, ketchup, relish.
- Turn oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor until it starts to form a ball or will stick together to form patties.
- Form into your desired burger size and layout on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with options of your choice: fresh tomato and avocado slices, cashew sour cream or your favorite condiments on gluten free hamburger buns.
By changing up your diet and incorporating vegetables into meals that you normally wouldn’t such as this recipe by replacing beef or other meats completely, and trying adding delicious veggies to your burger you will be providing your body with the essential nutrients such as fiber as it needs. It’s always fun to try something new and healthy and to give your diet a healthy little mix up!
Latest posts by Casey Dale (see all)
- The BEST Vegan Burger Recipe - October 17, 2016
- Healthy Spinach and Prawn Soup Recipe for Glowing Skin - October 14, 2016
- Superfood Carrot Ginger Smoothie Bowl with Granola Recipe - September 30, 2016