Healthy Spinach and Prawn Soup Recipe for Glowing Skin
There is nothing better than fresh healthy glowing skin, everyone wants it and everywhere you go you will see ads for creams or lotions that will promise you glowing skin. But did you know that you can get glowing skin from the food that you eat. Food can play a big role in the way your skin looks as well as how you feel. A diet high in processed foods, sugar, refined carbohydrates, and little water can result in dull skin, dry hair, and brittle nails. Eating hydrating, nutrient-dense soups can help correct these issues and give your appearance and skin a healthy boost and make your skin look and feel flawless.
Spinach is a healthy and nutrient-rich food you should certainly include in your everyday diet. You may hate spinach and think that it is a little bland, but it is a wonderful source of iron, folate, chlorophyll, Vitamin E, magnesium, Vitamin A, fiber, plant protein, and Vitamin C. Spinach has antioxidant abilities, Vitamins C, E, and A are especially great for your skin. Spinach also contains antioxidants that fight against all types of skin problems. By adding a good amount of spinach to your everyday diet you are cleaning and revitalizing your skin from the inside out.
Prawns and shellfish are particularly good for women that suffer from acne and breakouts. This is because prawns are packed with zinc, which helps speed up the rate at which wounds and infections heal. By adding foods that contain Zinc to your diet it can drastically help improve the appearance of your skin. Zinc also carries the added benefit of helping to even out oil production. If the skin is too oily, then zinc will reduce the amount of oil that is produced.
With summer coming to an end and the cool air of fall just around the corner here is a perfect recipe loaded with tons of great healthy ingredients to keep your skin glowing all year round. So sit down and cozy up with this yummy skin revitalizing soup!
Spinach and Prawn Soup by Kudo Master Alyssa Dawson
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ C sweet onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Cups spinach, washed, chopped
- 1 C “lite” coconut milk
- 1 Cup water
- 16 lemon-grilled prawns (see recipe)
- + ¼ C nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- + ¼ C green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and spices until vegetables are softened.
- In lightly boiling water, cook 2 cups spinach until soft (a few minutes). Immerse in an ice bath, then drain.
- Add onion mixture, cooked spinach, 1 cup fresh spinach, coconut milk and water to blender. Pulse until smooth and ladle into bowls. Top with Greek yogurt and green onion.
- Serve each bowl with 4 lemon-grilled prawns.
- 16 prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Marinate prawns in lemon juice and zest, chili flakes, salt and pepper for 1 hour (in refrigerator).
- In a cast iron pan over medium heat, with a drizzle of olive oil, sauté prawns until cooked through (2 minutes per side or so). Remove and let cool slightly.
Having great skin doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg and you don’t need to buy the latest and greatest skin creams, by eating the right foods and providing your body with nutrients such as zinc your skin will be looking flawless all year round! Just be sure to stay away from fatty and sugary foods because as we all know not only that they are bad for your waist line but, that just might be causing your unwanted skin problems as well.
Latest posts by Casey Dale (see all)
- The BEST Vegan Burger Recipe - October 17, 2016
- Healthy Spinach and Prawn Soup Recipe for Glowing Skin - October 14, 2016
- Superfood Carrot Ginger Smoothie Bowl with Granola Recipe - September 30, 2016